If you decide to delete your Myspace account, this article is for you. Maybe you are no more interested in Myspace, that’s ok! You can delete it.
Once you delete it, you will no more be able to retrieve your account.
So, if you have access to your account you can easily delete it. This article will guide you with step by step process of deleting a Myspace account.
Myspace is one of the biggest American social networking websites in the year 2005 to 2008. Its headquarters is situated in California.
It was owned by YourZ.com which was used as an online data storage and data sharing website.
In the year 2006, Myspace was the most visited website in the United States. Then in the year, 2008 Facebook overtook Myspace in the greatest number of the website visit.
It was extremely popular among teenagers and youngsters.
Facebook wanted to acquire Myspace in 2005 offering 75 million dollars to Chris Dewolfe, but he rejected the offer.
Myspace influenced pop culture and music. It also created a game platform.
In 2009, Myspace did a makeover of its website just to increase its user interface and compete with Facebook.
Suddenly later membership of Myspace started getting low. They were facing a decline in their user numbers. It was facing tough competition from Facebook.
Facebook was continuously building great user experience and improving the social media networking experience.
Facebook started focusing on developing such platforms that allowed developers from outside to build new applications.
Later Myspace also redefined itself as a social media entertainment website. It started focusing on movies, music, celebrities, television, etc.
In the year 2011, several market researchers found that Myspace had lost more than 10 million users and the figure has fallen down from 95 million to 63 million.
It was observed that Myspace traffic has fallen by 41% as compared to the earlier results.
In the month of June 2011, News Corporation officially announced to put the website on sale.
That time its estimated worth was 50-200 million dollars. Subsequently, losses from the past few years have made them do so.
In the year 2016, it was officially announced that Myspace had been bought by Time Inc. 360 million data of Myspace was sold on the “Real Deal” dark market website.
Step to delete MySpace account
To delete your Myspace account, you have to follow these simple steps which are mentioned below.
- Go to the home page of Myspace, i.e. https://myspace.com/Then login to your Myspace account to get the account access.
- After logging in to your Myspace account, you will see a gear-shaped icon
- Click on that
- There you will see the option “Account”
- Click on the option, this will open your account settings
- In the account setting page, you will see the option of “Delete Account”
- Click on the option to proceed to delete your Myspace account
- Again, an additional option will prompt up, you will see a blue button “Delete Account”
- Click on it, then you will be asked the reason for deleting your Myspace account.
- Select the appropriate reason from the list of various reason, check the box if you find your reason or else check “others”
- Then finally click “Delete my account”
Finally, your Myspace account is deleted and you will no longer access it.
So, we have explained you the step by step process of deleting a Myspace account in this article.
Read another article: Easily delete EHarmony account at www.eharmony.com
We hope that you have found this article very helpful and easy to understand.
You have gained the required knowledge about the process that you were looking for.
If you have any questions regarding this, please do ask us in the comment section.
Reference link: www.myspace.com