AFF Account Login Online
Automated Flight Following, an official US government system, offers the employees and contractors working for the government to sign up for AFF online. And, then log in to view, identify, and monitor the location using geo-location and data communications devices in the aircraft registered by the US government. With a map-based interface as a registered user, you can log in to your AFF Account online and track your contract aircraft at any time around the world.
About Automated Flight Following (AFF)
Automated Flight Following or AFF is a GPS-based aircraft tracking computer software providing services for government agencies and their contractors. This online application automatically tracks the location and velocity of specially equipped aircraft and mobile assets and provides accurate flight following information in near-real-time to users. The main purpose of AFF is to give the aircraft dispatchers, aviation managers, and all other eligible users safety in the sky and security on the ground as well. There are a lot of benefits to using AFF technology such as
- Improve detention and responses to emergencies
- Enhance situational awareness
- reduce radio traffic and pilot heads down traffic
- reduce workload in aircraft and dispatch centers
How to Log In to AFF Account Online
If you are one of the authorized users of Automated Flight Following and working in a government body, you can log in to your AFF online account in the following way.
- Visit the official AFF website, www.aff.gov
- Click on the “LOGIN” button located in the ‘ACCESS AFF’ box on the right-hand side of your screen.
- Accept the warning in the pop-up window to reach the AFF Login portal.
- Enter the Email Address and Password associated with your AFF account in their respective fields in the right of the page.
- Click the “Login” button to access the AFF service.
After logging in to your AFF Account, you can track the position, speed, altitude, and heading of the US government-registered aircraft and mobile devices. And then, transmit the obtained data to a flight-monitoring system on the ground via satellite.
How to Recover AFF Account Login Password Online
Forgot the password of your AFF Account and therefore cannot log in to the application? If so, you can reset it by creating a new password for your AFF login. To initiate the resetting process, you can
- Go to the Automated Flight Following site at www.aff.gov
- Click on the “Need to reset your Password?” link found at the bottom of the ‘ACCESS AFF’ box in the upper right of the page.
- You can also find the link on the login page of your AFF Account to click on it.
- Enter the email address linked to your AFF Account profile in its field.
- Select the “I’m not a robot” checkbox to cut down the spam and hit the “Submit” button.
A password resetting link will be sent to the email address you have provided. Through that, you can easily create a new password and regain your AFF Online Account Access.
How to Sign Up for AFF Account Online
Automated Flight Following only allows the government contractors and employees to register for AFF applications. If you are an eligible one and need to access the AFF system, you can sign up for an AFF Online Account. To do so, you have to
- Go to www.aff.gov
- Locate the “REGISTER” button in the ‘ACCESS AFF’ box in the right of your computer screen and click on it.
- Enter your first name, last name in their proper fields and select your title and agency from the given lists.
- Input your Office, City, and select your State.
- Enter a valid email address of yours and re-enter to confirm the address. if you are in Forest Service, use your usda.gov email address.
- Click the “Submit” button to create the required login credentials for your AFF Account online.
AFF Help Desk Phone Number: 1-866-224-7677 (in the US); 1-616-323-1667 (Outside the US), available 24×7×365.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org